Friday, December 16, 2016

Embracing the Christmas Spirit with #99cent #ebooks by N.N. Light

Embracing the Christmas Spirit
with 
N.N. Light


‘Tis the season to save big money and we’ve said good-bye to Scrooge and hello to embracing the Christmas Spirit. All our books are on sale for 99 cents at Amazon US (slightly higher in other countries) and even one short story is free! 




Hurry, this is a limited time sale (December 16 – 19). 


Title: Planting the Seeds of Love: A Novella
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult, New Adult Romance

Blurb:
Torn between two men, Sally must follow her heart and decide if love will lead her to the city or the countryside.

Twenty-Two year old Sally Rayton returns to the family farm she deserted four years ago to bury her grandfather. Her plan: to settle her grandfather’s estate and return to her life in the city with her boyfriend, Trevor Mattson.

Her childhood friend, Jack Smith, has other ideas.

Jack convinces Sally to transform the farm into a brewery and fulfill her grandfather’s dream while keeping the Rayton Farm in the family. Sally works side-by-side with Jack while Trevor is hundreds of miles away in the city. The more time she spends with Jack, the stronger her feelings are for him.

When Trevor shows up to propose to Sally right before Christmas and finds her in Jack’s embrace, she must make the biggest choice of her life: true love.

Book Trailer:

Excerpt:
"But that's not what's bothering you." He paused. "Is it?"

She sighed.

"No," she whispered.

"Grandpa knows best." He patted his chest. She laid her head on his chest, curled up in a ball and wrapped her arm around him.

"Oh Grandpa..." she cried. "I'm so confused."

He held her close as she cried. When she was done, he gave her his red handkerchief. She blew her nose before continuing.

"I love them both. Insane, isn't it?"

He shook his head.

"It's perfectly natural to love two men at the same time. You love Trevor for the man he is and for the life you have in the city. He's a good man, with a good family. He can offer you security and he loves you very much."

Sally chewed on her lower lip as she thought about Trevor.

"Jack, however, holds a special place in your heart. Always has and always will. You grew up together. He's a brave man, willing to do anything for you, even if it means letting you go. His love for you goes beyond the here and now; he's loved you his whole life."

"Jack? He's loved me all this time?" She looked up into his warm eyes.

"Of course. But his love is not in question. What about you? Do you love him?"

She furrowed her brows.

"I... I don't know."

"You love Trevor." He paused. "Can you imagine spending the rest of your life with him? Have children with him? Build a life in the city with him, leaving all this behind?"

She scrunched up her face, as if in pain.

"I don't know. I guess that's what I have to figure out." She sat up straight. "What do you think?"

He laughed.

"Don't put this on me, girl. It's not my life, not my heart. You have to choose."

"But I can't choose." She stood up and started pacing back and forth.

He watched her agony for a moment before dealing the blow.

"Can you imagine life without Jack?"

Sally sucked in her breath. Pain spread throughout her whole body, as if someone punched her in the stomach.

"You've had Jack in your life since you were little, always depending on him and him always being there for you. What if he wasn't there? What if he was gone forever? Could you live without him?"

She paled at the thought.

"You're right, Jack's been with me, through thick and thin." She sat down next to him, hugging her knees to her chest.

"Unconditional love, like what I have with your grandma, comes along once. Both of these men love you unconditionally. You have to choose which one you want to spend your life with."

He stood up and pulled her to her feet.

"My time is up, my child. Think about what I've said." He hugged her tight.

Sally lifted her chin to let it sit on his shoulders.

"I love you so much!" She choked up. "I wish you didn't have to go."

He cupped her face in his big hands.

"I love you, always have and always will. I'm still alive in your heart, your memories. Follow your heart, Sally."

Buy it on sale:
Amazon US http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01581XM50 (99 cents)


Title: Poetry of Love: The Engagement Year
 Genre: Poetry, Love Poetry

Book Blurb:
Amazon Best-Seller and Hot New Release
I had been searching for love my whole life. It took the opening up of the world via technology for me to find my soulmate. Once I laid eyes on her, at the arrivals gate, I knew I was never going to let her go. The following is a collection of poems I wrote to my angel, from our first meeting up until our wedding day. I was working crazy hours as a chef and I had a long commute. I chose my commuting time to pen her a poem each day. These poems speak of our life, our challenges and our growth together…in every aspect they speak of our love.

May this book give someone the courage to let their special someone know how much they care for them and how much they mean to them. Saying I love you is a gift you can give many times a day.

Excerpt:

I love to lay and listen
As my beauty sleeps.

The sound of each breath
As my beauty sleeps.

I think how I will awaken her
As my beauty sleeps.

To kiss her softly
That is my plan
As my beauty sleeps.

My lips move close
But I just enjoy listening
As my beauty sleeps.

Buy it on sale:





Title: Princess of the Light 
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Inspirational Romance

Blurb:
Mary Miller receives a startling visitation from Gabriel, the Messenger of God. The Archangel reveals an astounding truth–Mary is the Princess of the Light and even more amazing, her destiny is to battle Lucifer’s army of demons and restore the balance of good and evil on Earth. It’s getting harder to fulfill her new role and keep her identity secret while juggling her personal life, and when Than, Lucifer’s second in command, amps up the attacks on her, she knows she needs help.

Joe Deacons is everything she’s ever wanted in a man. And as providence would have it, in a moment of great need, he’s the Warrior of Light–the one who can help her defeat the forces of darkness.

Not so simple when they confront Lisbeth, a demon hell-bent on usurping Than and Lucifer himself. When Lisbeth wages war and several innocent people die, Mary must form an alliance with her enemy in order to destroy her. But will this be a grave error or the choice that saves their world?

50% of the proceeds go directly to Food Banks in USA and Canada.

Excerpt:
Joe began to go after André, but I stopped him. Longing and pride were deeply engrained in André, and he had put up a barrier against the Light trying to make its way into his heart. He wanted a heart of stone, to stop the pain.

I laid a hand on Joe's chest and he looked at me with tears of his own. I could feel in my heart that he didn't understand how André had become homeless. He looked utterly grief-stricken. It was almost too much for me.

I turned to watch André's departure. I could still sense the darkness battling with the good inside his soul. You will not defeat the Light, and André will be free of you. I hoped the darkness could hear me.

A shooting pain in my forehead brought tears to my eyes. I blinked rapidly and before I knew what happened, images of André and Joey flashed in front of me.


André was dressed in a suit and was laughing with Alfred. There were about twenty people in a room and it was a birthday party for a little boy. Alfred paused as the birthday boy appeared at his side.

André bent down and ruffled the boy's hair. "Hey there, Joey, how does it feel to be a year older?"

"It's great, Mr. A. Did you know I'm six now?" Joey beamed.

"You are? Well, you're almost the same age as my daughter, Katherine."

Joe looked around. "Did you bring her today? I don't see her, sir."

Alfred cleared his throat and smiled sympathetically at André. "Son, she couldn't come today."

André sniffed and cleared his throat nervously. "Little Joey, buddy, Mr. A could really use something to drink. Could you help me find your mama?"

"Sure, Mr. A, sir. I can find her and tell you all about new friend, Ronnie. He makes the best mud pies. All the girls hate them." Joey grabbed André's hand and led him away.

As the vision faded, I knew that if Joe went after him, it would only make things worse. What I wasn't prepared for was the naked pain in Joe's eyes and being able to sense his emotions as if they were my own.

Joe was hurt that André was the Walking Man and knowing him made this all the more personal. It will happen, as the Light has planned, I wanted to say. Instead, I whispered, "Joe, I am sorry."

Joe closed his eyes for a moment and replied in a shaky voice, "Mary, he was a friend of my father's. I knew him. I mean, I know him." He opened his eyes and looked past me at André walking away. "Why did you stop me?"

I dropped my hand from Joe's chest and said, "Joe, he was embarrassed at you giving him things. We should be glad that he took them at all."

I looked up to see two demons appear in a cloud of black behind André, dressed as teens in black leather. They pushed André and knocked the bags from his arms. The male teen shouted, "This is my park, old man! These belong to me!"

André said nothing, just shrugged and stepped back.

My head started pounding as I heard Gabriel yell, Stop! My eyes narrowed and before I even noticed he moved, Joe was halfway to André.

I screamed, "Joe, stop!"

I knew it was a demon ambush and started to run after Joe.

Buy it on sale:

Goodreads:


Title: Thirsty for Water: A Short Story
Genre: Young Adult, Time Travel, Short Story

Book Blurb:
Juliet can’t wait to graduate from high school and finally move on with her life. Five more days and she’s free. She gazes out the window while her history teacher, Mrs. Johnson, drones on about war, famine and lack of water in Africa.

A gong rings, startling Juliet out of her daydream. She looks around to see if it was one of her classmates pulling a prank when a little boy carrying a spear appears. Is he a ghost or something more? He pleads for her help and before she can argue, she is transported to a small village in Africa. History comes alive like never before and Juliet must decide how she can help Noko and his village before it’s too late.

Thirsty for Water tells the story of Africa and the need for water in an approachable way for children of all ages. A great learning tool for teachers, parents and libraries.

Get it FREE:


Author Biography: N. N. Light is the best-selling husband-wife writing team, commonly known as Mr. N and Mrs. N. Mrs. N. has been creating stories ever since she was little. Her grandfather remembers when she was two years old, she would stand at the top of the stairs and tell him a story filled with emotion (and in a language foreign to him) with her hands on her hips. Let’s just say she was a born storyteller.

They’re blissfully happy and love all things chocolate, books, music, movies, art, sports, trains, history, cooking and baking. Their mantra is to spread the Light.

Most of the time you can find them on Twitter or getting new ideas on how to spread the Light on Pinterest. They’re a proud member of ASMSG and Independent Author Network.

In addition to being authors, they’re also book promoters/reviewers, social media marketers/influencers and the owners of N. N. Light Author Promotions. They both love books, have ever since they were young. Matching up books and readers is something that gives them great pleasure.

They’d love to connect with you either via email or via these various social media sites:


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for spreading the word about our book sale! We're so grateful!

    Happy Holidays, everyone!

    N. N. Light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to have you here! :-)
      Wishing you all the best! <3

      Delete